Did you celebrate National Cake Decorating Day? I did! There’s a unique design bakery in West Hollywood where you can exploring your inner cake-decorator. It happens to be Duff Goldman’s Cakemix on Melrose and Sweetzer. It is basically a DIY studio where friends gather for an interactive activity; instead of painting ceramics you’ll decorate a cake! It’s a really clever concept and by the way, a lot of fun! Below is a crash-course on how your time might be spent from start to finish.
1. Review the menu and decide if you want to decorate a cake or a set of 8 cupcakes.
2. Choose your cake flavor & frosting colors
3. Choose your toppings from the goodie bar (there were so many choices, it was hard to pick just 4 toppings)
4. Color and roll out your fondant in fun shapes.
5. Admire your artwork and take a bite!