February 5 is National Pancake Day! There is no better day to tell you about some of my best pancake finds in Los Angeles. I dine out frequently and breakfast is my favorite meal. I have criss-crossed this city with the girls in my Pancake Club and on my own, and I am here to report that Los Angeles has some tasty and unique pancakes. Enjoy this list of some of the best pancakes in LA:
1. When having breakfast at Bea Bea’s in Burbank, be sure to get there early AND order the pumpkin pancakes topped with pumpkin cream cheese and marmalade compote.
2. If you happen to be in Hollywood you’ll want to try The Griddle Café on Sunset Boulevard. What will you find there? A beautiful and thick red velvet pancake with swirls of cream cheese icing and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. But go ahead and pour on some syrup, I did.
3. Moving into Santa Monica you’ll want to try any of the pancakes on Jinky’s rather large breakfast menu. Blueberry, banana or buttermilk, their pancakes are melt in your mouth good and you’ll need some time to enjoy the large portion sizes.
4. Let me not forgot BLD on Beverly Boulevard. The restaurant name stands for Breakfast Lunch Dinner and I could eat their blueberry ricotta pancakes for B L and D. These pancakes are served with warm syrup in a little log cabin shaped container.
5. If you happen to be near USC and craving pancakes, look no further than Jacks N Joe for absolutely delicious pancakes and a great cup of coffee. They’re known as a breakfast all day kinda place…my kinda place. For some fun, check out their WTF?! Pancakes.
6. For the all-around best pancakes in Los Angeles, Dupar’s tops the list. Crisp and creamy buttermilk hotcakes dripping with butter and syrup are served at this 70 year old coffee shop with locations in both Studio City and the Original Farmer’s Market at Third & Fairfax.
And now, I wish you luck in deciding where to celebrate this special occasion. Happy National Pancake Day to you and yours!